If there is one thing mechanics in car repair videos typically have over the DIY car repair shade tree mechanic (aside from years of experience) is the benefit of having a car lift to make working under a car so much easier and safer.
If you’ve ever had to struggle with positioning jack stands on heightened supports while pumping the handle on a 3-6 ton-rated bottle jack---or even a suitable floor jack---you can appreciate not just the convenience, but the necessity of having a car lift in your garage.
Reasons for Owning a Car Lift
Owning your own car lift is guaranteed to make DIY auto repair work much more satisfying and successful. With a car lift you:
• Can access your undercarriage easily and be able to fit in the right tool for the job.
• Perform some repairs that otherwise may have required taking the engine out in order to do a repair.
• Save on time, stress and physical discomfort by not having to crank your body in awkward positions while on your back trying to reach that one bolt that is nearly impossible to access for removal and then torque correctly afterward.
• Work safer in your garage.
• Save money rotating your own tires and avoiding a scam or worse
But don’t car lifts require a lot of permanent garage space and are overly expensive for someone who only needs the convenience of a lift a few times a year? While this used to be true in the past, today there are modern solutions with new inventions that are not only affordable, but many of which can be folded and stowed away until needed.
That said, here’s an interesting---if not exciting---video from the Katool YouTube channel that will open a world of possibilities for your garage and for you.